The Effects of the Face Mask on the Skin Underneath; A Prospective Survey During the COVID 19 Pandemic
October 21, 2021
Leelawadee Techasatian, Sirius Levsing, et. al
Journal of Primary Care and community health
Through a prospective cross-sectional study in Thailand, a survey was applied taking into account health personnel as well as the general population of legal age (18 to 87) in order to detect adverse skin reactions in the areas covered by the face mask.With a total of 833 participants, 222 (26.7%) male and 611 (73.3%) female participants. Making one (proportion of men, women of .36), 357 (42.9%) of health personnel and the rest of the 476 (57.1%) general population. Regarding the types of masks used, the following were documented: surgical masks 526 (63.15%), cloth masks 292 (35.05%), surgical masks covered by a piece of cloth 9 (1.0%) and N95 masks. :6 (0.72%), prevalence of adverse skin reactions in the mask area were: 454 (54.5%). Acne was the most frequent found with 333 (39.9%), followed by rashes on the face 154 (18.4%) and pruritus 130 (15.6%).
Leelawdw Techastian, Sirius Levsing, Rattapon Uppala.The Effects of the Face Mask on the Skin Underneath; A Prospective Survey During the COVID 19 Pandemic. Journal of Primary Care and Community health. V11. 2022